Beef Wellington Recipe
My version of Jamie Oliver's Beef Wellington. You can get his excellent book and see that he puts the peas inside and does not add the mushrooms. You can easily modify this recipe to your family's tastes. Follow me along making it at these posts: Beef Wellington Filling, Assembly and Finish.
- 1lb Ground Beef (grass fed Chuck if poss)
- 2 carrots... Finely diced
- 1 stick of celery... Finely diced
- 1 onion... Finely diced
- 2 potatoes average size... Finely diced
- 2 to 3 Portobello shrooms... You GOT IT... finely diced!!!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Herb de Provence
- A couple of knobs of butter
- A little olive oil
- 1 package with 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- Sautée all the veggies individually
- Leave to one side to go cold.
- Gently mix in the raw beef.
- Season generously with salt and pepper!
- Once the pastry has defrosted roll it out slightly on a lightly floured surface!
- Split the filling between the 2 sheets of pastry!
- Roll as shown in the post
- Brush with beaten egg and pepper the top.
- Place on a baking tray lined with tin foil and parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour
- should be golden and HOT all the way through!
- Serve with frozen peas" src="https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72x72/1f60b.png">" src="https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72x72/1f60b.png">
Beef Wellington – The Filling