Follow along on the Fish Taco post in two parts…
Don’t forget to see the Bobby Flay’s book too!! Always bringing inspiration!!
Fish Taco Recipe
Delicious and fresh Fish Tacos Baja Style!!
Recipe type: Tacos
- 1 lb Cod or other flaky White Fish
- Bunch of Cilantro (Coriander)
- ½ Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 and ½ cups red wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons Oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- Bought Salsa...
- (I'll be making Salsa, too, at some point... never enough hours in the day... keep checking back on the site!!!)
- 1 cup heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- A ripe Avocado
- Some finely sliced Chinese Cabbage or other Cabbage
- A fresh Lime
- 8 corn Tortillas
- Marinate the Red Onion in the red wine Vinegar for 30 minutes or longer!!
- Put the Fish in an oven proof dish in one layer.
- Mix Olive Oil, Chili Powder, Oregano, Cumin, and a few Cilantro leaves finely chopped in a small mixing bowl.
- (Add some finely chopped Jalapeño Pepper, if desired.)
- Cover the Fish with the Spice mixture.
- Leave to one side!!
- Make a Mexican Creme:
- Cup of heavy Whipping Cream mixed with one cup of Sour Cream...
- Good pinch of Salt.
- Pan fry the Fish until flaky...
- Zap the Tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds with a sheet of damp paper towel over them to keep them from drying out!!
- I find it easier to arrange the Tortillas in a dish that supports the sides... 2 next to one another!!
- See how I do it in the post, link below on any of the photos!!
- Place some Fish in the bottom of both... followed by some Red Onion drained of its red wine bath... and shredded Cabbage... then some diced Avocado Salsa... the Creme and finally top with some more Cilantro leaves!!
- Jush it up with a couple of Lime wedges!!