Chicken in a Brick Recipe
Family favorite roasted Chicken with savory Vegetables. Easy to throw together, toss into the oven and serve it up!!
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Home Cooking
- 1 free range, organic Chicken
- 2 Carrots per person
- Half an Onion
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- Thumb size piece of Ginger (optional)
- Cup of low sodium Soy Sauce
- ⅓ cup runny Honey
- A sprinkling of Herbs de Provence
- 1 per person Baking Potatoes
- Butter for Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Frozen Peas and Corn
- Put the peeled Carrots under the Chicken with the Onion, Garlic and Ginger.
- Put the Chicken on top.
- Pour over the Soy... add Honey and the Herbs de Provence...
- Place the brick in a cold oven (you should stand it in cold Water first before you put anything in it... but mine's so old I don't do that anymore)
- So, into a cold oven along with the washed and pricked Potatoes and bring it up to 425 on convex Bake for 2 hours
- Minutes before the Chicken comes out... cook the Peas and Corn on the stove.
- Check it at 1.5 hours...if its leg is coming away easily, it's done
- It may look somewhat charred after 2 hours, but it doesn't taste burnt!!
- I always seem to leave mine 2 hours!!
- Strain the juice in the bottom of the brick into a gravy separator if possible
- and get rid of the fat!
You can follow along this whole recipe in the Chicken in a Brick post…