Shrimp Risotto Recipe
Low Country Shrimp Risotto, rich and savory family meal.
Recipe type: Seafood
- 7 to 8 cups of chicken stock
- 1lb raw shrimp ( prawns) peeled and deveined
- 1 stick of celery... Finely chopped
- ½ an onion... Finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter...
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 2 cups Arborio or other risotto rice
- ½ cup of vermouth
- 1 small pack of Saffron
- ½ bag frozen sweet baby peas
- Bring the chicken stock up to the boil then turn down to lowest possible simmer... you don't want to loose it all through evaporation!!
- Sautée the onions and celery in oil and butter until translucent!
- Add the rice... stir into to oil and butter mixture coat well!
- Add vermouth... let bubble away
- Set timer for 22 mins
- Add stock a ladle at a time.
- Stir constantly
- Half way through add saffron
- With a couple of cups of stock to go add the shrimp
- And peas.
- When shrimp turn pink they are cooked!
- Serve with a crusty banger and a green Salad!
- Of course, also a baguette...
Follow along in the post with all of the pics…Shrimp Risotto!!