Chicken Fried Rice
Delicious homemade fried rice!
Recipe type: Asian
- 2 chicken breasts... cut into strips
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- ½ head of broccoli
- ½ frozen baby sweet peas
- ½ frozen sweet corn
- 2 cups day old cooked and refrigerated white rice.
- Wok oil or other high heat oil...
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ runny honey
- ⅛ soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Chop all the veggies.
- Snip bacon into a hot wok, fry until crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl and get rid of bacon fat.
- Heat up the wok again add a good glug of oil... stir fry the chicken first and then the veggies in stages if possible to keep them crunchy as each veg becomes al'dente transfer to a bowl until they are all cooked except the frozen peas and sweetcorn.
- In a separate sauce pan heat up all 3 sauce ingredients
- The oyster/ honey and soy bring it to the boil and let it bubble for a minute or 2 add a good grinding of black pepper.
- Heat up the wok for a third time add some more oil about ⅛ of a cup and throw in the cold cooked rice... Stir and toast... when it's hot and reheated put the veggies back in the with the rice... add the peas and corn warm through ... Mix and combine... Then add the sauce...make sure everything is nicely coated...
- Serve with the bacon scattered on top!